20th March 2020
We are pleased to announce a Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Taster Day. This day may be of interest to genetic counsellors, consultant geneticists, genetic registrars, or others with an interest in PGD.
The aim of this one day event is to answer your common questions, and for you to leave with a greater understanding of the PGD process. We also hope to help make the referral process easier and quicker for your patients.
Some examples of what we hope to address during the day:
- An update to our new, quicker pathways and protocols
- Updated success rates, turnaround times, and waiting list times
- Ways for referrers to speed up the patient experience, including specific tips for patients with certain genetic conditions
- What family samples we need and why
- LGBTQ+ issues, including funding and gamete donation
- Patient experience—what the PGD journey is like for the patient
The cost of £100 for the day will include refreshments and lunch. Early birds who respond before 20 February will have a discounted rate of £80. Space is limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment.